Jesse Chappell wrote :

And while I have your attention, i've tried to get iec958 spdif passthrough (non-audio AC3) working on the HDSP without success. I created a HDSP.conf based on the RME9652.conf and got the device properly opened using ac3dec -C , but no stream is passed (using ADAT1 optical output, properly set as SPDIF in hdspconf). Setting the non-audio flag doesn't appear to have any effect. It works fine as an output for regular PCM spdif operation.

Any ideas you or the other alsa gurus have would be most welcome.

jlc

Hi Jesse,

I just had a look and here again there is code in the hdsp driver directly inherited form the rme9652 driver. There are two competing spdif bits handling mechanisms there, one hdsp specific dealing directly with the card registers, and one alsa generic. There clearly is a problem in that the spdif bits on the card are cleared on playback where they shouldn't. It would be easy to fix, but I guess that the alsa generic spdif bits handling code is here for some reason. Jaroslav or Takashi, could you explain to me how this is supposed to work with alsa ? I guess there is a plan for a generic spdif bits control interface, but for now there seems to be nothing. Amixer doesn't even seem to handle this properly, or does it ?

Thomas

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ Alsa-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-devel