Here is what I have done to the ice1712.c file in order to add support for my EZ8 card. It's a temporary hack (emphesis on 'hack') until I add code to reliably identify the ez8 from the hoontech (both cards share the same subvendorid).

/* EZ8 Hack */
int ez8=0;
MODULE_PARM(ez8, "i");

I added this at the end of all ofthe MODULE_PARM() definitions.

On line 2505, I made this change:

for (tbl = card_tables+(ez8 ? 1 : 0); *tbl; tbl++) { /* EZ8 Hack */

Just a quick and dirty way to skip over the hoontech card_table entry so that my EZ8 is recognized as a generic device, while still correctly detecting my Delta 1010LT card when ez8=1 is added as argument to the snd-ice1712 module. Module functions normally if ez8 is not added to command line (or is set to 0). This would not work if an ez8 and hoontech were used together.

This, of course, is only a temporary fix for my own use, while I work on code to correctly differentiate between the ez8 and the hoontech card. In addition, there are a few EZ8 specific features that don't seem to be implemented with the generic driver. Since ADAT is fully functional, though, I now will spend much more time using the card/driver (with ardour/jack) and less finishing support. I don't think there will be any objection here, since I think I am the only linux using EZ8/EZBus owner on the planet :)

Does anyone have the ICE1712 chip documentation? How were the drivers for the other ice1712 based cards written? Were the manufacturers contacted and data released under some sort of non-disclosure agreement? I dont get why documentation for a chip is kept so secretive, I mean rtl8xxx ethernet tranceiver chip docs, for example, are all over the place, that seems like the same thing to me. I would really like to have the documetation so that I can study the ice1712 driver line by line and understand what exactly is being done on-board the chip. I just like that kind of stuff, I know there is enough info in the existing source for the other cards to figure out how to implement my needs.

--
http://nostar.isa-geek.com/