On 25-Mar-2004 Brian Furey wrote:
> Thanks Giuliano,
>
> How can I get a dump of the current hardware configuration space?

Hmm, lspci ?  :)
If you mean how to get the capabilities of the card, it's a bit
tricky. The caps are not a static thing. Each setting may rure
others. For example, a card has 8 channels and supports these
formats: S32_LE and S16_LE. But all combinations may not be
available. When the application sets format=S16_LE the driver
may restrict the max number of channels to 2. And if it sets
channels=4 the driver removes S16_LE from the list.
I can't help you anyway because I know nearly nothing about the
userspace API.

--
Giuliano.