Just wanted to mention that I was able to do this yesterday <grin>. I had to
find all the mixer groups. Their params told me that only Mic-In was being
captured, both channels. If I started capturing both channels of Line-In, I
could not capture Mic-In at all as mentioned by clemens. But to my delight I
could capture left channel of Line-In and right channel of Mic-In by
configuring the appropriate Mixer group structure's 'capture' element properly
and send it to the mixer and it came out Line-out on the required channels
respectively.

Now I am off to my next step: trying to separate the left and right channel
data from a buffer that I have captured/read. If you have not figured out
already, I am trying to use an echo cancellor and after I separate out this
left and right channels I would feed it to the echo-can software.

Any idea how the captured buffer stores the different channels that I need to
extract?

Thanks in advance.