On Sat, 29 May 2004, Frank W. Miller wrote:

> using ALSA.  When I try to run my existing binary that makes OSS calls on
> top of Fedora that is using an ALSA driver for my soundcard, I get some
> strange behaviour, some of the calls don't work the same.  For example, the
> card supports full-duplex but the ALSA driver seems to think it will only
> support half-duplex.  When I try to set the sampling rate on the 16-bit

Please, specify your hardware. We have probably available two indepedent
devices for your card, because ALSA supports full-duplex for capable
devices.

> interface, I get an error (cant remember which one right now).  So my

Document this with a small test program. We'll try to fix your problem.
Please, create a report in our bug-tracking-system.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SuSE Labs