Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

I found part of the problem. In following the Mini-HowTo when I executed
'/sbin/modprobe
snd-card-ad1816a' command modprobe complains with
'/lib/modules/2.4.9/misc/snd-card-ad1816a.o:
init_module: No such device'. I found that the module for the ad1816a is named
'snd-ad1816a',
no 'card' in name.

So now I have the module loaded but when I execute 'cat /proc/asound/cards' I get:

'--- no soundcards --- '

Ken, can you share the steps you took to get Also 0.5. working with your AD1816A
sound card please?

My question to the list is, what options do I pass modprobe to get it to recognize
my soundcard. Or could you point me to additional documentation on sound card options.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-jpg