Hi,
I have the same notebook japanese version (GR7/K).
the sound chip is an AD1881A (try alsa... ).
I cannot get clear sounds but the chip and the card are recognized
correctly, IRQ number is correct (#9).
did you succesfully installed linux with all working devices ? I'm having
some problems...

-- Mattia