"Art Fore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was let out long enough to write:

> When I try to run alsamixer, I get snd_ctl_open failed for default: Sound
> protocol is compatible. If I try to run amixer, I get Mixer attach default
> error: sount protocol is not compatible.
>
> Does anyone know what this means and how to correct it?
>
> Art

Make sure you've got the same version drivers and utils installed,
if you've updated the driver check you've re-built the utils and if
you think you've updated everything make sure the new driver is
actually being loaded (cat /proc/asound/sndstat)

MD

--
You only get *B*est *S*oftware *E*ver from Mad Cow Software
E-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>