On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 14:35, George [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just bought a Delta 44 to use with ALSA and I'm having trouble getting
> it working.
>
> I tried the stable release first but it didn't work with EsounD so I'm
> using 0.9.0beta12.

Even though I require EsounD I decided to try the 0.5.12a version of
ALSA to see if I could get any further.  amixer seems to work now (no
error messages), but I get the following with aplay:

    # aplay test.wav
    Aplay: version 0.5.10 by Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Using soundcard 'M Audio Delta 44 at 0xbc00, irq 9'
    Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Unsigned 8-bit, Rate 11025 Hz, Mono
    Aplay: unable to set channel params

I'm very frustrated and I don't know what to try next.

George