Hello all,
I posted a message last week about my problems with Envy24control which
has still not been replied to.  I still have not resolved the issue.  To
recap:
I installed the alsa-0.9rc1 packages on my Red Hat 7.3 box (with M-Audio
Delta 1010 card).  The driver and libs compiled without issue.  Envy24control
itself built without a problem, but when I try to run it, I get the
following error message:
snd_ctl_open: No such file or directory
I'm really puzzled by this.  At first I thought it couldn't find a
library, but the alsa libs were installed and the kernel mods have been
loaded.  Also, I can't seem to build amixer.
Thanks in advance,
dgm