-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Giles
Constant
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Alsa-user] Low latency howto?

Hi there,

I'm confused.. I'm trying to reduce latency on linux (possibly to the same
standards as ASIO), and I'm aware that there's about 100 things out there
to do with latency, but I'm not sure which ones I need, or even if such a
driver-level API exists..

Last time I installed alsa, there was a callback patch for the kernel, but
it didn't seem to do much.  There's also low latency patches and
pre-emptive patches, and rtc stuff, and er..  anyway!

What's the status of low latency audio (particularly for real-time playing
of sampled audio via a midi keyboard) on linux, and how do I get to play
with it?