On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Ashley George wrote:

I have a vt8233A and main things seems to be ok (xmms sounds) Use the CVS
version and follow instructions there... If you can, send your
/etc/modules.conf and the way you have compiled the modules and library...

I said main things because others don't work... For example Unreal
Tournament that should sound using OSS :( If you know something about
tellme...

> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing some problems that I cannot resolve with the VIA8233
> driver.
>
> Although I am not certain, it seems like the OSS emulation for this
> driver is not working properly.  When I use zsnes, prboom or Timidity in
> OSS output mode, there is much 'popping' in the sound.
>
> However, when I use timidity -Os (alsa output mode), timidity then works flawlessly.
> I haven't determined whether zsnes or prboom can be made to use native ALSA sound.
>
> (however, to further muddy the waters, mpg123-oss works perfectly. :( )
>
> Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
>
> Ashley

        DMI: Demian Gutierrez

        Tlf: 016-7743085

        http://orff.ing.ula.ve/~dmi

Fortune wrote today:

The Great Movie Posters:

The nightmare terror of the slithering eye that unleashed agonizing
horror on a screaming world!
                -- The Crawling Eye (1958)

SEE a female colossus... her mountainous torso, scyscraper limbs,
giant desires!
                -- Attack of the Fifty-Foot Woman (1958)

Here Is Your Chance To Know More About Sex.
What Should a Movie Do?  Hide Its Head in the Sand Like an Ostrich?
Or Face the JOLTING TRUTH as does...
                -- The Desperate Women (1958)