Hallo,

(RedHat 8.0, alsa-0.9rc5, Terratec DMX 6fire)

1. when I start alsaplayer-0.99.72, I get the following error:

Unavailable hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S16_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (11609 11610)
PERIOD_SIZE: 512
PERIOD_BYTES: 2048
PERIODS: [1 13)
BUFFER_TIME: (11609 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: [512 6553]
BUFFER_BYTES: [2048 26212]
TICK_TIME: 10000
Unavailable hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S16_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (23219 23220)
PERIOD_SIZE: 1024
PERIOD_BYTES: 4096
PERIODS: [1 7)
BUFFER_TIME: (23219 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: [1024 6553]
BUFFER_BYTES: [4096 26212]
TICK_TIME: 10000
failed to configure output device...trying OSS
error opening /dev/dsp

I could not find a suitable output module on your
system. Make sure they're in "/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/".
Use the -o parameter to select one.

failed to load output plugin (alsa,etc.). exitting...
error on set_periods (13)
error on set_periods (7)

Any idea?

2. I have a TV card connected to the rear input of the Terratec DMX 6fire ,
but when I start xawtv or xawdecode - no sound.
Alsamixer does not help.Envycontrol shows no signal H/W in 3 and H/W in4
If I start the PC with Windows and restart (warm boot) into Linux, there
is sound in xawtv and xawdecode, Envycontrol shows the signal H/W in3 and H/W in4

Any hint?

-Wolfgang