++ 18/11/02 - linux power:

>    I think the problem is caused by the kernel is not compiled with the
>    same gcc vesion as the alsa. Spesially if you have an rpm installed
>    kernel. Look in the message log after booting and see what gcc
>    compiler is used to compile the kernel.
>
>    I used up2date to upgrade the kernel to version 2.4.18-10 I think it
>    was, and that kernel was compiled with the old gcc-2.96 while I had
>    compiled the alsa with gcc3.2

you were right ! :)
my kernel was compiled with gcc ( = gcc-2 ) while alsa was compiled with gcc-3
i recompiled the kernel with gcc-3 as it is more fun than recompiling alsa with gcc2 ;)
and now it works

thank you guy
and thank to Bob who tried to help me too

/mathieu

Those who understand binary and those who don't.