On 22 Nov 2002, Marco Correia wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have installed alsa on kde 3.0 with no problems. It wasn't producing
> any sound until I disbled the kde aRts sound server like it was written
> somewhere on the net. Now everything would be nice, if it wasn't  that
> at the end of every pcm sound like the beep on the konsole it makes a
> noise kind like unplugging a jack from an amplifier turned on (excuse me
> but I don't know a better way to describe it). I've played with
> alsamixer by turning the pcm,master,wave volumes down and up to see if I
> could make it stop making the noise, but no luck...
>
> My card is a ymfpci, and i'm running redhat 3.0 on a 2.4.18 kernel. The
> alsa drivers are the latest version (0.9). The cdplayer works with nice
> sound and the pcm sound itself is also good, but it always make the
> noise at the end.
>
> Anybody has face this problem before?
  I don't have such a card. But which alsa do you have exactly? I heard, that
there was a fix for your card just recently. It was posted on this list. If
you don't have it already, try the 0.9.0rc6.
  Speaking of the console beep, just try speaker. This should be one of the
last items in alsamixer.
  These are just two ideas. I hope anything might be helpful. Another proposal
would be to try it under a different system, if you have one (windoofs...)
  Good luck
          Julien

> thanks
> Marco