He "fixed" it by using envy24control ("alsa-tools" or "alsa-utils") switching to
SPDIF-IN and 22kHz, then back to 44kHz without SPDIF-IN. Somehow the card gets
correctly initialized then.
This is a mail about a problem regarding envy24 and sapmle-rates:
>I am running alsa 0.9.0rc6. Apparently Jaroslav Kysela has made
>changes to envy24control from rc5 allowing the user to set the internal
>clock rate. I am using a Hoontech ST Audio DSP24 card. I have found
>that in order to change the master clock setting I have to first switch
>to S/PDIF In and then to another setting. If I just switch between
>settings (ie 44100 to 48000) the radio buttons change but the change is
>not saved. Obviously the workaround is to always switch to S/PDIF In
>prior to switching to another mode but this is not an ideal situation.
>On trying to debug the code I found that changing to or from S/PDIF In
>mode causes a call to control_input_callback which then calls
>master_clock_update. Merely calling master_clock_update from
>internal_clock_set does not alleviate this problem. Checking on the
>reasons I have found that the call to snd_ctl_elem_read(ctl,
>internal_clock) in master_clock_update resets the value returned by
>snd_ctl_elem_value_get_enumerated(internal_clock, 0) to the previous
>setting. That is, if the enumerated value is 8 then a call to
>internal_clock_set(int xrate) with xrate set to 9 will change the value
>returned by snd_ctl_elem_value_get_enumerated(internal_clock, 0) to 9.
>A subsequent call to snd_ctl_elem_read(ctl, internal_clock) will cause
>the value returned by snd_ctl_elem_value_get_enumerated(internal_clock,
>0) to be 8. To get down to brass tacks a call to snd_ctl_elem_read
>immediately following a call to snd_ctl_elem_write seems to reset the
>master clock value to what it was prior to the call to
>snd_ctl_elem_write.
Regards,
Lars.
On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 01:19:07 +0100
Lars Heineken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A friend of mine had the same problem, seems like he isn't the only one !
>
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:59:48 +0100
> Tim Krieglstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a problem with the Terratec EWX 24/96. I cant change the master clock.
> > It is stuck at 48000 khz and alsaplayer or alsactl or alsamixer can't change
> > this setting. The other settings seem to work fine, but alsaplayer won't
> > playback any file with 44.1 khz. xmms plays files via oss but the are to
> > fast and sound silly.
> >
> > It would be *very* if someone could help me resolve this problem, since
> > the card is currently pretty useless for me :(
> >
> > According to alsactl the alsamixer item is of enumerate type with different
> > frequency settings.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Tim
> >
> > PS: Driver version is the alsa-driver-0.9.0rc6 and the modules loaded are
> > snd-ice17212 and snd-cs8427. There seem to be no module settings to change the
> > master settings
> >
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------
> > This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
> > Welcome to geek heaven.
> > http://thinkgeek.com/sf
> > _______________________________________________
> > Alsa-user mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user
> >
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
> Welcome to geek heaven.
> http://thinkgeek.com/sf
> _______________________________________________
> Alsa-user mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user
>
-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user