I just noticed something.

for those who have been following my attempt to get midi working on my
Mandrake 9.0 system.

I notated a song in noteedit and I clicked save as tse song and then
play tse song. MY keyboards diplay started displaying information that
it was receiving from note edit even though I heard nothing. Meaning
that midi information is being sent out to the keyboard.

I don't know if this helps but maybe it will help.
much thanks.
Aaron