alsa-0.9.0rc6
RH7.3
kernel 2.4.19 with Andrew Morton's low latency patches
ASUS A7M266 Mobo w/Duron 750 single proc

I have compiled, installed and loaded the rme9652 driver. It's compiled
without OSS. Using arecord/aplay, I can only record and playback files in
mono format. Pardon the ascii art, monospace font required. My
configuration is:

                LineIn1 LineIn2
                Mic     ElecBass
                 |        |
                 |        |
   main out-----Mackie 1202-VLZpro -----LineIn 5/6
        L/R                             |
         |                              |
         |                              |
        input---                    ---output
        L/R    |                    |  L/R
                ART DI/O 2 channel
                24bit AD/DA converter
        S/PDIF----                  ----S/PDIF
        RCA out                         RCA in
        S/PDIF                             S/PDIF
        RCA in                             RCA out