Hello all.

> The ens1371 module is for the soundblaster PCI-128 and Vibra-128 it may
> apply to some versions of the PCI-64. I know the matrix does specfiy
> this driver but I would try some of the other sound blaster modules and
> see what happens.. The reason being is the soundblaster 16 PCI is an
> older card and wouldn't use the same chip.

Well I successfully use a Soundblaster 16PCI with the ens1371 module of
alsa-0.90rc6; 'lspci' lists it as

00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)

I had trouble to make it work (just because I forgot to unmute it with
alsamixer), but it finally did, though I can't help about the "Assertion
!simple->ctls[type].elem' failed." problem.

I know I have to insert the module manually (modprobe snd-ens1371) but the
thing works ok after that.

See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE