On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:54:50AM -0500, Alexandra Curtin wrote:
> First of all, how on earth did you get it working, can i see you conf
> files and stuff? what kind of system is it running on? I'm having a
> horrible time with mine.  Please tell me what you did.

First install the drivers (you need the ice1712), have a look at the
soundcard matrix "details" page for infos how to install, and dont
forget your /etc/modules.conf.

after your drivers work and are loaded, put the following into
the file $HOME/.asoundrc

============= ~/.asoundrc :
pcm.whateveryouwantyoursoundcardnamed {
        type plug
                ttable.0.0 1
                ttable.1.1 1
                ttable.2.2 1
                ttable.3.3 1
                ttable.4.4 1
                ttable.5.5 1
                ttable.6.6 1
                ttable.7.7 1
                slave.pcm
                {
                        type hw
                        card 0
                }
}
ctl.whateveryouwantyoursoundcardnamed {
        type hw
        card 0
}

============================

then start alsamixer and set all volumes (!)

then try "aplay -D whateveryouwantyoursoundcardnamed xyz.wav" and you should
hear the wav on the 1st cynch connectors on the fontbox

i'm running it on linux 2.4.20-ac2 kernel on debian distro. debian delivers
startup scripts for restoring/saving the mixer setup, so you should
install alsa-base package, before installing newest source version, if you have debian.

if everything seems to work but you still dont hear anything, be sure
to check your volume setup with alsamixer. I was short before running
mad until i noticed that only volumes were all set to zero. (move cursor
right in alsamixer, as there are more volumes to set up than are fitting
on screen)

good luck