Ede Wolf wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with 0.9.1 and the hammerfall card (true for 0.9_rcx, too): I am only able to play back mono files. I have seen this issue has occurred before, but without any solution, so maybe there is some more experience outside there by now.

"aplay -D foo.wav" just works, if test.wav is mono, otherwise the card remains silent (though seems to play).

Hi,

I'd write something like the following into my .asoundrc

pcm.two_channel {
           type plug
           ttable.0.0 1
           ttable.1.1 1
           slave.pcm {
                   type hw
                   card 0
           }
           route_policy copy
   }

pcm.koax {
           type plug
           ttable.0.24 1
           ttable.1.25 1
           slave.pcm {
                   type hw
                   card 0
           }
           route_policy copy
   }

If you now start aplay

aplay -D two_channel some_stereo_file.wav

your card should playback through the first two channels (that's the first two channels of ADAT out 1).
And you can playback via SPDIF out using

aplay -D koax the_same_or_some_other_stereo_file.wav

If this doesn't work there could be a problem with aplay and the WAVs used. Perhaps using another player or WAVs from another source would help. Just an idea...

good luck,
 fe

P.S. Have you tried selecting the subdevices, e.g.
aplay -D hw:0,0,0 foo.wav
aplay -D hw:0,0,1 foo.wav ...