Hallo Julien,

which version of alsa are you using? With the new alsamixer in alsa
0.9.1 guess, envy24control isn't really needed anymore. I have a
iec958 entry as the first one in alsamixer and it is used to select
the input source, I think. At least I can select things like "PCM
Out0" or "H/W In 0" by using the arrow keys (up and down).

ciao,