hi,

how do i route the input channel IN 3/4 to /dev/dsp ?

i've got a staudio DSP24 with external ADC&DAC2000 box with 8 x mono inputs
IN 1/2 is connected to my tv ;) (channel1)
IN 3/4 is connected to my synthesizer (channel3)

now i've installed a icecast server and wanted to broadcast a live stream
with liveice (it records from /dev/dsp, feeds the icecast server)
it works great, but it just gets the output from IN 1/2 (pcm.channel1)

i switched all MultiX channels in alsamixer to "CAPTURE"
and unmuted really ALL of them, but there's no sound coming from
IN 3/4 (pcm.channel3) (actually no sound is coming from any of the 8 mono
inputs, except 1/2)

so, question is:
1. what do i need to set/configure/do to activate these inputs?
2. is this a oss-emu bug?

here's my .asoundrc:

--- snip ---

pcm.ice1712 {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
}

pcm.channel1 {
        type plug
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.1.1 1
        slave.pcm ice1712
}

[...]

pcm.channel3 {
        type plug
        ttable.0.4 1
        ttable.1.5 1
        slave.pcm ice1712
}

[...]

--- snap ---

btw: with this .asoundrc i am able to record with 'arecord -D channel3 ...'
     without any problem (yet)

problem is i didn't find an icecast feed that supports alsa, all the
programs i found use oss or esd. but no alsa.

ciao,
Walt