Hello,

        I recently upgraded to a new kernel and had to create some new ALSA drivers
along with it, so I downloaded version 0.9.2 of ALSA.  However, these new
drivers produce a crackling noise when playing PCM sounds (most computer
sounds, including XMMS, but CDs play fine).  I am using the VIA 8235
Southbridge integrated audio chipset.  I was wondering if there was a patch
or a fix to this.  I'll copy any helpful solutions in the VIA Linux forums as
well.

Thank you!

Kevin Page