Hi all,
Unfortunately I consistently get the same error msg.
I've tried every suggestion I've gotten, such as
changing my "configure" options, using "touch" and
many others, and I really want to thank everyone for
their help. I've been told Mandrake patches their
kernel to such an extent that external linking in
modules like this often doesn't work, and that
recompiling a fresh kernel is my best bet, but I'm not
prepared to go that far yet (I'd rather have broken
sound than a broken system). Right now I can live
without sound.
Thanks again,
Josh