> Hallo,
> Jeremy Henty hat gesagt: // Jeremy Henty wrote:
>
> > Need some help here:
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade ALSA, but I am getting stuck in the 0.9.0rc
> > series.  0.9.0rc5 works fine.  0.9.0rc6 also works, except that
> > "alsactl restore" complains:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:793: warning: iface mismatch (2/0) for control
> > #1/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:799: warning: name mismatch (Master Playback
> > Switch/Joystick Enable) for control #1
> > /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:793: warning: iface mismatch (2/0) for control
> > #2/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:799: warning: name mismatch (Master Playback
> > Volume/Joystick Address) for control #2
> > /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:900: bad control.2.value index
>
> Please try to remove /etc/asound.state or move the file out of the way.

Thanks, Frank.  That removes those particular error messages.
Unfortunately it doesn't fix the really serious problem: with 0.9.0rc7
or later programs like aumix hang as soon as they run.  So I still
need help to get a more up-to-date system working.  I am digging
around the system logs and looking at the output of depmod, but have
not yet found anything significant.  If anyone has any pointers as to
where I should be looking I will be very grateful.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty