Hi list,

I have a problem with my on-board sound. Details about my
hard-/software:

- Motherboard: Asus P4PE with sound on-board
- Sound: "SoundMax" ADI AD1980 AC'97 audio CODEC
- OS: SuSE Linux 8.1 Pro

As far as I know the SuSE uses Alsa by default. I configured the sound
card with yast (auto-detected as "82801DB AC'97 Audio"), but the
speakers were silent. I searched the web with google and found out that
the sound might come out of the pink microphone jack instead of the
lime line out jack. (Other users seem to have the same problem.)

As the computer has a second operating system (Win XP, sorry ;-)) and
the sound card works properly under Windows, it seems to be a driver
problem under Linux.

How can I make the sound card work properly under Linux?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Christian