HELP!

I compiled alsa-driver-0.9.4, and it did not create /etc/asound.state. Nothing seems to work without this file. I have tried making a blank file as /etc/asound.state, and that has not worked. I hove not been able to find any substatial information online regarding this file. Someone please tell me how to create a valid /etc/asound.state file.

--
William M. Quarles