Hello,

lasse wrote:
You have configured alsa-xmms-plugin under your normal user aswell haven't
you?

root has his own .xmms (or equvalent) settings file... as every other user
has...
Yes, I did, but nothing changed. So I decided to 'make uninstall' all the ALSA tools I had (driver, libs and utils) and re-install them via .deb as from http://www.linuxorbit.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=541&page=1
I'll post my results (I hope all should work).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca