[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I ran into problems when compiling alsa 0.9.4 for my Ensoniq ES1869.
I did the following:

./configure --with-cards=es18xx --with-sequencer=yes

configure stopped with a message that it couldn't find any kernel
sources. So I added --with-kernel=/usr This worked, at least
./configure finished. Dring the configure, it warned about a
difference between compiler versions from the RedHat kernel and alsa.

<snip>

Can anybody tell me hwhat to do ?

Andy,

First of all, are you keeping up with Red Hat's regular package updates
properly?  Please make sure that you do that before anything else.

Also, are you using the kernel provided by Red Hat, or have you compiled
your own?

--
William M. Quarles