Hello,

        I'm new to Alsa development. I'm porting a library that works fine
with MacOS CoreAudio and DirectSound, and that need to play severals sounds
at the same time, with severals format, number of channels, and sample rate.
        I've successfully been able to play one sound using the
snd_pcm_open("plughw:0,0"...) and snd_pcm_writei, but if I want to play
another sound, snd_pcm_open hangs and I'm unable to paly another sound. I
though Alsa was responsible for mixing and hardware channel allocation ?

        I have a via_82xx Alsa driver, but it does not seems to handle
severals pcm playback at the same time : I cannot open device with name
"plughw:1,0","plughw:0,1",etc...

        And, latest problem : Under gnome, when opening a fileselector
and/or clicking in a terminal, playback stops without any reason.

        Any help would be really appreciated :-)

        Regards,

David