Gary Cauthon wrote:
The Creative Extigy is listed in the "Supported Cards" table on the alsa site but I can't get it working. I followed the instructions carefully but when I type "alsamixer" at the command prompt I get this response:

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

I'm not an expert, but I got the same error, and I got it because I had not created the ALSA device nodes. Use the snddevices script in the alsa-driver package to create them.

Hope it helps!

/Tobias