Hey guys

A recent upgrade to ALSA has meant that anytime there's a high load on
my system OSS emulation locks up, so I thought it was about time I tried
to use native ALSA again with my Extigy.

Problem is that it doesn't work, doesn't seem to want to make a sound.

My system is:
Linux 2.4.18
ALSA CVS from 5th Sept (ie. today) with debugging = FULL
Extigy that has had the firmware updated to the most recent version on
the Creative website.

On bootup the only message in dmesg is
ALSA usbaudio.c:2170: found format II with max.bitrate = 640, frame size=1536

[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]$ ./pcm
Playback device is plughw:0,0
Stream parameters are 44100Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Sine wave rate is 440.0000Hz
Using transfer method: write

doesn't make a sound, and runs until I ctrl-c it.
Nothing is printed in dmesg

When using OSS emulation the sound plays fine until I change desktop, or
do something else to create a high CPU load, at which point the audio
stops, the program hangs and
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22
ALSA usbaudio.c:688: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -22

is printed to dmesg.

Please help me get my audio working nicely again, let me know what more
info you need or if I need to try out some patches.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"