Hello,

I tried now serveral times installing the alsa driver and always got the same
problem. I configure with ./configure --with-cards=intel8x0 and compile
afterwards with make. works fine...

but during make install appears the following error:
/sbin/depmod -a -F /usr/src/linux/System.map 2.4.21
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/sound/pci/snd-intel8x0.o
make: *** [install-modules] Error 1

I installed another driver (usb kernel module) which also has unresolved
symbols. Does anybody know how to solve that?

Thanks for all answers.

Thomas