Hello All.

I am having a small problem with the KV7 mobo from Abit.
Onboard sound chip =
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 60)
        Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1408
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
        I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

I've installed on my slackware-9.0 system alsa versions;
driver 0.9.7, utils 0.9.7 and tools-0.9.7
Followed the INSTALL file, all installed ok.
Ran alsaconfig and it found the chipset and configured it, updated
/etc/modules.conf;

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
options snd-via82xx index=0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

However KDE keeps saying via an "arts" message;

Cant set requested sampling rate.
Requested rate 44100 got 32000, so i get no sound under KDE.

I can however use aplay to play a wav file,
Playing WAVE '/opt/kde/share/apps/kolf/sounds/holeinone.wav' : Signed 16 bit
Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

Does anyone have a clue as to what i am missing.??

Any hints welcome, thanks.
--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/