Hi,

Just installed alsa 0.9.7 and discovered that AC-3 passthrough now works for the Audigy 2 (mine's the Platinum eX version) when using Xine. YES!!! Playback of Dolby Digital content is perfect. However there seems to be some issues with DTS passthrough. DTS can be detected on my decoder, however, the sound is choppy and uneven, rendering it unplayable. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next release. Anyway, the efforts of the developers should be saluted. Great job, guys! I have been waiting for this day and the day for a Linux-based HT with both Dolby Digital and DTS for Audigy 2 users should not be too far away. For Audigy 2 users with external decoders, start firing your Dolby Digital contents away!

Regards,
Lionel