If I'm not mistaken, the emu10k1 script is meant for the OSS drivers. I generally prefer the oss drivers because I've never gotten the alsa ones configured satisfactory. I know that if you want audio out of all your speakers you'll need to play with the alsa mixer. There's a control you need to unmute for 3D sound or something. Sorry, it's been a while since I bothered with the alsa drivers. I'd be nice if the UI for them could be simplifed a little so those of us who don't know how to program sound cards could configure things like 5 channel output :).

Jeremy Gregorio