On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> > Which formats are allowed and with what names?
>
> "raw" is the only supported format.

Ok. How can I convert the raw output of the file plugin into a
standard format like wav? I tried with sox:

sox raw file_plugin_output -t raw -r 44100 -c 1 -b new.wav

but I got:

sox: Failed reading raw: Do not understand format type: (null)

Sorry for bothering on such basic things, but I'm new to the ALSA
plugin and routing system.

Best regards,

Free Ekanayaka