> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:00:23 +0300
> From: Bayram Tamer GUNES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Alsa-user] asus a7v8x-x
>
> is there anyone who uses asus a7v8x-x mainboard and have the o/b sound
> card (snd-via82xx) working ?

I have the same mobo, but I have a lot of problems with the sound-card:
- I have discovered that the manual is wrong: the plug the manual calls line-in,
actually is line-out, at least in my computer (using 2 channel).
- The 2 channel sound is good, but playing DVDs with 6 channels slows down the
computer a lot (itīs impossible to watch the movie)and no sound is played
- The joystick doesnīt work at all (I use joydev, analog, gameport and ns558 modules)

So I am using my old Sound Blaster PCI 128, the sound is good and the joystick works,
but itīs only 2 channels.

Bayram, do you have these same problems?

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for just US$9.95 per
year!