> > > this is related with the ac97 codec.
> > > is your ac97 codec AD1981?
> >
> > No, is an AD1980. Please note that I was mistaken. The error is that manual says
> > mic-in and actually is line-out
>
> sorry, it was my typo.
>
> i think this problem was fixed right now on cvs.

I donīt know, I didnīt try last versions

> > > via823x itself doesn't support the gameport natively unlike via686.
> >
> > For this reason itīs necessary to use ns558 module I think. At least it detects
> > the gameport, but not the joystick. Using the same joystick with es1371 module and
> > the SB 128 gameport/midiport it works.
>
> hmm, did you connect the joystick during loading the module?

I have tried almost everytihing: connect it before switching on the computer, after,
including the modules in /etc/modules, loading them with modprobe...

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for just US$9.95 per
year!