On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 17:45, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> John Lagrue writes:
> > >
> > > aplay foo.wav
> > >
> > > Hear anything?
> > >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] john]$aplay sounds/romans.wav
> > Playing WAVE 'sounds/romans.wav' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 11025 Hz, Mono
> >
> > But I don't get any sounds at all.
>
> It could be that your sound is simply turned off; many drivers turn
> down the mixer levels when they load.
>
> Run "alsamixer", and check so that the master volume and PCM volume
> are turned up before trying aplay.
>
> Fredrik Tolf

I'd already read that much. No, I've run alsamixer and upped the volumes
on everything.

John

For some reason, upping the volumes does not unmute anything. Make sure you hit "M" to unmute it and then up the volume.

Gary

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com