Hi all,

I am running mandrake 9.2. I am trying to upgrade to the 0.9.8 version of the
cs46xx driver. After following the instructions I end up with unresolved
symbols in sound/acore/snd.o (snd_verbose_printk) which prevent me from

How can I resolve this.

the reason that I would like to upgrade is that at the moment (using the
Mandrake supplied 0.9.6 cs46xx)  my Hercules Fortissimo II digttal edition
only produces sound from the front and back speakers output but the dedicated
headphone output is "dead as a dodo". Microphone is working o.k. though.

in /dev/snd I have three playback devices:

pcmC0D0p
pcmC0D1p
pcmC0D2p

C0D0 is front speakers
C0D1 is back speakers
C0D2 is unknown

I hope this issue is solved in 0.9.8. The sound level for the front and back
speakers is too low for use with the headphone.

regards

Chera Bekker