On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Brian M Dube wrote:

> The only message I get in /var/log/messages is:
>
> kernel: PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:0b.0
>
> The modules load fine and I get no errors anywhere in the logs or on
> any command lines. I've tried unmuting different combinations of
> channels, but I get no sound. Master, PCM, and Wave should be enough to
> get at least a sound, right? I made /etc/asound.conf based on the
> example on the ALSA website. With no errors anywhere, it would seem as
> if the only problem were a muted channel somewhere, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case anymore. If you need me to list any system details,
> I will.

I need contents of all files in /proc/asound/card0/codec97#* directories.
Also, look if interrupts are increased in /proc/interrupts file while you
play some file.

Also, there is 'External Amplifier Power Down' control which might affect
the playback (try toggle this switch while playing).

                                                Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer