I don't have a bar in alsamixer for external amplifier power down and it's not reported by amixer as a control or simple mixer control for this card. I've never been able to find information about this company either. I pulled the card out to give it a look and the sticker on the main chip says Diamond Technology DT0398. I'll look around for some hardware specifications. I'll also see if I can modify the fm801 module source and get it to work since the forte module does in fact work with this card in this machine with everything else the same. Thank you very much for your time and help this far.

Thanks,
Brian