I have an ASUS P4P800 motherboard and am trying to get the integrated
sound to work.  I think that the ALSA drivers will do the trick if I
can get them to load.  I am using a custom compiled 2.4.23 kernel.
The system started as Slackware 9.1.  It is a P4 2.6 with Hyper
Threading.  The kernel is compiled with SMP support and everything
else seems to work fine.

I tried alsa-driver-1.0.0rc2 and the CVS version and all I keep
getting is:

# modprobe snd-intel8x0
/lib/modules/2.4.23/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag_cacheline
/lib/modules/2.4.23/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.23/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.23/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: insmod snd-intel8x0 failed

After checking the source for the Intel 8x0 driver the PCI device ID
found from lspci matches one of the ones the driver seems to support.

I have Google'd and search this lists archives but didn't see a
solution to the problem.  I grepped the source for
kernel_flag_cacheline and 3 files match, all are object code.

Any ideas?

Michael