I have a dell inspiron 2650.
lspci -v shows
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp.
82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown
device 00f3
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 10
        I/O ports at 1c00 [size=256]
        I/O ports at 1880 [size=64]

for the sound card.

I am using the snd-intel8x0 driver for it.
It seems to work pretty good.
Problem is when I put the computer in sleep mode
echo 1>/proc/acpi/sleep
and I wake it up. The sound does not come back till
I reboot. I tried compiling it into the kernel
and as a module both result in the same; the
sound does not come back after a wake up.
When I compiled it as a module I tried removing
all the sound modules and reloading still the sound
does not come back. I tried using oss from
http://opensound.com/ and the free oss drivers
for the card and they do the same also the sound
does not come back after I put it in sleep mode.
I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue
and if possable a way to get the sound back after
in sleep mode, without having to reboot.