Hi,

I just got my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 to work under ALSA. It plays audio
perfectly, but as a some sort of computer musician I'm planning to move
my home studio from windows to linux, because windows isn't very stable
with this card for some reason.

I'm going to use rosegarden4 as my audio/midi sequencer/recorder, but I noticed
that it won't work out-of-the-box and I get these errors about sequencer
exiting or couldn't load sequencer etc.

I've searched google, but it has lots of more questions than answers.

Are there any people in here that are using this card for the same
purpose that I am planning to? I would really appreciate some example
configurations, general help and possible existing documentation. If I'll get this
working,
I'm going to make a good (hopefully) and userfriendly HOWTO for this card for the
ALSA-project.

All material is good enough for me.

I'd also like suggestions for alternative music software for linux.

Best regards,

Matti Aronen