On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:05:23 +0100
Francesco Abbate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've enabled ALSA into the kernel *without* OSS emulation and
> I've began to manage to get things works.

I don't know if i can be of help about the other questions, but it is
generally wise to use the oss emu modules, because many apps have no or
bad alsa support. They usually work very well with the OSS emu.
Depending on your soundcard and the apps, they even might work better
with the oss emu than with native oss drivers..

> But the really important problem is about MIDI.
> There is a severe lack of information about MIDI playing and
> in particular about AWE32/64 hardware.

I added a AlsaMidi section to the ALSA wiki at alsa.opensrc.org. Please,
everyone take a look at it and fill in with meat and links and all other
kind of info..

Flo

--
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm