On 2004-01-21 02:08:55 +0200 Kai Vehmanen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
... and it has. For example the ALSA wiki provides this:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=.asoundrc

... that's in my opinion more than enough to get you started (with references to more detailed docs and all).

I'm not sure this document is really all that descriptive. For example:

ttable {    # Transfer table (bidimensional compound of
            # cchannels * schannels numbers)

Some questions:
1. What does transfer table mean? It's kind of obscure and non-intuitive.
2. Why not call this "transfer_table" or "TransferTable" instead of "ttable." Yuck.
3. "bidimensional compound of cchannels * schannels numbers". What are cchannels? What are schannels? Numbers? Bidimensional compound? What does it all mean?

If somebody can give me a full explanation of this, I'll be glad to fix the documentation for you.