on Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:12:26 -0800 (PST), Bill Unruh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said
> Note that the Edirol ua20 is a 24 bit 44100Hz card only, at least

Yes, l asked edirol.co.uk:

        I'm thinking about buying a UA-20 Audio Capture USB and have a question
        regarding the specifications. The digital output Sampling Rate is
        documentated as being 44.1 kHz but what sampling rates does it acccept
        from the host?  Just 44.1 kHz ou does it also accept 48 kHz?

and they replied:

        The device only support 44.1khz operation. Devices supporting 48kHz or above
        are: PCR-A30, UA-5, UR-80, DA-2496 and UA-1000.

This is why I am battling to make my new M-Audio Audiophile USB work.
It isn't easy.  See http://www.infres.enst.fr/~pook/configs/audiophile_usb.html

Stuart